Wednesday, March 18, 2009

There are tough teachers and then there are unreasonable teachers

Guess which type we dealt with yesterday? One of our core classes is taught by a rather hyper, unorganized and socially awkward person. She uses 10-12 different fonts in her hand-outs, tests us on poor quality photos of vague skin conditions and material and procedures that are the personal preference of various guest lecturers. e.g. "According the Dr. x, from his lecture in early February, the examination of y should be in the following order." It doesn't matter if our instructor never covered the right way to do it or that several multiple choice options are right. So I am pretty sure I failed the first test of my PA student "career." The only reasonable thing about our instructor is that he allows us to throw out one test. I didn't think I'd have to use this option, but I have changed my mind now. If only I didn't spend 2 hours late last night laying in bed thinking about it. Moving on....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the professor doesn't provide you with adequate images, it's your responsibility to go find them. I agree, not all professors feed you the information in a way that is conducive to learning. However, in the real world you need to suck it up and perform your own investigation.