Tuesday, March 24, 2009

5 tests this week

3 tests are in the books, one huge test tomorrow and another on Friday. I should be studying now but I need a break. I am REALLY looking forward to spring break.

Just to clarify my previous post: I was miffed that an instructor of mine tested us on a poor quality photo that we had never seen before and were asked, as we have been many times before, what is the medical problem that this person has. So, in any given lecture we will be given 100-200 PowerPoint slides with 1/3 of them containing photos of various disease processes. Then for the test, a new, poor quality photo is cast upon the whiteboard, all washed out and glaring. There would be no way to study for such things and unless you have an exceptionally good eye and ESP, it is difficult to figure out what is going on with this "patient."

I am also really grateful for some awesome instructors who really know their stuff, want to teach and care about us as people and students. They put forth the same kind of effort that demanded from us students daily and I appreciate that. I have taught before and know how difficult a job it is. I don't think I'll ever do it again because I feel to be a good teacher you need to know your shit forward and back, put a fair amount of time into your presentation and have an engaging delivery of the material. I am lucky to get 2 of those criteria on any day and I don't think it's fair to short change students with anything less.

No comments: