Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sedona, here I come

Going to Sedona tomorrow for a few days of R & R with the misses. ACLS & PALS went fine. I noticed that I heard the preceptors describing a patient a certain way but my thought process would hang on something else unrelated. Sitting back as a "team member" in megacodes I could easily and correctly think through the algorythm , but as a team leader I would have dumb little brain farts. It was interesting to watch my classmates respond to the stress too. I am an observer - by that I mean that take pride in and enjoy observing people and their behaivor and quirks and what not. Observing my classmates in these scenarios was interesting and seem to corelate with previous observations. It was fun to see some of them try to figure out what sort of antibiotic they were going to give to some baby in septic shock during the megacodes.

2 comments:

Gregory House, PA-C said...

i hope these are signs that things are going better at home!

-p- said...

I am working at it. We both are. Thanks for your concern.