Saturday, May 2, 2009

I am lucky to have the classmates I have

My program is one that requires a significant amount of direct, hands-on patient care. As a result my classmates are older and well, more experienced. I have people in my class to go to with questions about sports medicine and orthopedics, EMS and emergency med, phlebotomy, cardiac care, PT and OT, alternative medicine, mental health, women's health, radiology, cytology and hospice. Since everyone has been around the block a few times there are no head games or overt competition. No holding out on your classmates if you know something they don't. Everyone really does help everyone else out. There a certain cliques as is expected in any situation like this this, but I don't feel overly excluded by any group. Much like in high school, I belong to no one group but hang out with all them.

5 tests this week and 4 next week. I just have to remember how much I really wanted to be in this position this time last year and how fortunate I felt to be accepted. This semester really is as tough as our instructors told us it would be. Fortunately everyone in my class feels about the same way I do and are just trying to push through and learn something along the way.

I also have all but one of my clinical rotations set up for next year and wee are planning a celebration for our white coat ceremony. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments: