Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My son is hurting me.

He's just 3 but he sure did put a hurtin' on me today. First my wife tells me that he bit and hit a fellow classmate today. No father wants to hear that his young son has developed a nasty violent streak. When I came home he didn't want anything to with me. He wouldn't really even talk to me. When I asked him questions about his day he would just say "No" and hit me. At bed time he had a total meltdown and refused to let me help him brush his teeth, go potty, put on his pull-up or put his jammies on. He screamed and hollered and balled his eyes out. I tried all evening to spend some quality, positive time with him and got nowhere with that or any studying that I could have been doing in the meantime. Now I have lost what little motivation to study I built up over the day. And I really need to study. Nothing like having a few serious distractions (see previous posts) to derail any train of thought.

No comments: