Saturday, November 14, 2009

The end is near!

For this rotation at least. My preceptor has relegated to me observing him and listening to heart and lungs sounds for 90% of the 10-12 hours I put in each day. I get the impression he doesn't like me, but then again his interpersonal skills are thin. He just seems very uncomfortable speaking to patients and carrying on small talk with anyone. He staff is irritated with him often because he is NEVER on time for anything. I wait at the office 15 minutes to 2 hours for him to come in or to call to tell me where to meet him. He runs through mid-levels fairly regularly and some of his office staff were openly wondering how long his newly hired, yet very experienced PA would last. Seems his PAs and NPs don't stay for longer than a few years at most. I truly look forward to moving on and putting this rotation behind me. It is as close to a waste of time as medical education could be. It's shame too because he knows so damn much. He's just too busy to share it.

No comments: