Friday, August 7, 2009

Year One is over!

Yesterday was our last final. It was tough just beacuse it tended to cover all things we didn't go over in class and we had a lot of interruptions by the instructor. That said I think I did well enough to keep my B in the class - had no way of getting an A however. In total this semester I got 4 A's and 4 B's. My goal this semester was to keep stress to minimum and to help make my wife happier when I could. This meant less studying. Overall I am satisfied with my performance.

I feel like I should be really excited and celebrating like crazy that this hellish year is over. Really I am just plain tired and my back is not helping anything right now. My PA wants me to get an MRI but I don't want to because I am not willing to do anything about what they might find (e.g. surgery) and I haven't had any time to go either. I have been stretching, one of my classmates gave me acupuncture treatment and another has been doing some deep tissue and muscle energy work on it. It really is nice to have classmates with such varied and valuable experience. I'll miss not hanging out with them, I really will.

Pediatrics is my first rotation and it starts 8/31. Peds was not one of our stronger classes so I have some level of anxiety about it. I like kids and they like me for some reason so I am just going to approach it all with that kind of attitude and work my butt off to learn as much as I can. We go up to the cabin tomorrow and I look forward to some peace and quite on the lake.

Thanks to all who left comments/questions. I appreciate the support a great deal.

1 comment:

Gregory House, PA-C said...

congrats! if you can do this with a bad back and family at home, then I have faith I can survive it too.