Saturday, August 1, 2009

My back is a pain in the ass and vice versa

So Thursday my back just went crazy on me for no good reason. I didn't play hockey (I am done for a while so I can heal). All I did was play ping-pong with a classmate on Wednesday. I missed class Thurs. and went to see my PA - she was really off her game by-the-way, and an MD who does acupuncture. I took 40-some needles, she did some cupping on my back that left pepperoni-like bruises and she also did moxabustion - burning some balled-up herb on my back. Went to massage today, but still walk with a limp. My ass has taken to a rivalry with my back to see who can cause me the most grief. 1g of naproxen, 3 flexaril and 100mg of tramadol per day and I still hurt. My PA wants an MRI but I am going to have to hold off until after finals and vacation to the cabin. The real pain is 6 cumulative finals in 4 days!

2 comments:

kenzie said...

Hi!
I have been stumbling around the internet looking at info on being a PA, and have come across your blog!

I have a question for you if you will...I am torn between two paths and wondered if perhaps you have any suggestions! I am trying to decide between going through a Surgical Tech program, followed by a Surgical First Assist program...OR...going all out and becoming a PA, possibly specializing in surgery.

Like you, I am non-traditional (meaning older, 33) as well. I also have two children. In your opinion and through experience, Is becoming a PA a realistic option fro someone like me?

Thank you!
Have a great day!
Kenzie (makckenzieknabe@yahoo.com)

-p- said...

Tried your email address but it doesn't work.