Thursday, November 6, 2008

The first semester is almost over.

Wow. I can't believe I have made it this far with so little hassle. What I mean is that while my classes were tough, I haven't failed a single test. In fact I have 5 A's and 2 B's. I had to hard to get these grades, but I didn't have to sacrifice every spare minute of free time to study. Now that I am in the swing of things I can actually spend a fair amount of time with my son. I'd much rather get B's and be able to play with my son and put him to bed, than get all A's and miss seeing my son grow up. On a similar note, my boy loves his dad again and he actually wants to spend time with me. My wife is still adjusting to taking on the added load of all this entails. She is excited for me, and for us, but has way too much going on to go unaffected by my frequent absence from the home.
Overall, things are tough, time consuming, stressful and a lot of work. But I really do feel that it is 100% worth it. Next semester I have phamacology, pathophys, several clinical classes as well as hands on patient contact. It won't be getting any easier, but I am OK with that.

No comments: