Friday, November 28, 2008

End of first semester nearing

Wow. Well I wish I could say time has really flown by this semester but it hasn't. A few weeks fro the end of the first semester and I feel as though it will never come. It's not like school has been hellish or anything like that. I am just tired of studying and having at least one test every week. There has been no time to catch my breath from the endless onslaught that is PA school. Most of my finals are not cumulative, but my Clinical Medicine class and my anatomy class are. These classes are abundant in small detail. I do not look forward to these finals. The other classes may not be too bad, however my History and Physical class leaves much to be desired. The instructor appears to be lazy, although I can't assign an exact character trait to his apathetic approach to class. I am disappointed that such an important class is teaching us so little. I have to study for finals now. I am not sure how likely it is that I will get around to it today though.

Thanksgiving went fairly well yesterday. My family drove up (My Mom and Dad and nieces - my sister was sick and my brother-in-law was on call) and my wife cooked a fine meal. Both my parents were on pain medicine, as usual, and were slightly goofy. Addiction runs in my family but appears to have left me and my sister alone for now. Hopefully all that crap can be left behind and me and my sis can live our lives without having that monkey on our backs.

Does anyone think Comcast sucks? I just lost another hour of my life explaining to them that we get poor service, if our cable, internet and phone works at all, and that I wanted a credit to our bill. They wouldn't do it but agreed to send out a technician again (10 in 2 years) to try to fix the problem. The real problem is that their techs don't know what the fuck they are doing or don't have the authority to fix the real problem. I am NOT thankful for Comcast.

No comments: