Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Family Medicine part 2

I like family medicine. I have a good practice with pretty darn good co-workers for the most part. I am liked and respected for the most part by my colleagues. I have patients who really like me and I've seen some who don't care for me one bit. I have my own standards and can stick to them. If I don't want to prescribe XYZ, then I don't have to. I am getting great experience and exposure to myriad conditions and pathologies. I actually get a paid lunch hour to eat and complete admin tasks. I only have to drive 15 minutes to work now instead of an hour. My pay is a little low, I have to work a night or weekend here or there and I have to take call without compensation. My stress is very low now. I have a great MA now. I have actually saved patient's lives. I like family medicine.

3 comments:

Josi said...

I am very interested in becoming a PA, but very nervous about experiencing a "glass ceiling" effect as I have been warned about. If I could just go for being a doctor, what are some reasons that I should stick with my PA plan?

Evan said...

What was your major in college

Josi said...

Kinesiology