Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I guess it's a good thing they are mad?

I have been getting the cold shoulder from the higher ups in my small company. Those folks who use to come by and ask me how I am doing and toss around some small talk can only be bothered to say hello to me now. Nothing more. Not a "sad to see you go" or ' i wish you luck in your future endeavors." This wouldn't 'bother' me except these folks have publicly wished the same for every other employee who has left since I started there. I guess it's a good thing they are mad I am leaving rather than being all cheerful and upbeat. Even though I gave them the notice they requested in their employee handbook and have gotten pretty darn good reviews, I don't think I would ever be welcomed back.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck to you in your new job! As far as what's happening now? Meh, it's business... Easy for me to say, I know. I love change. Will be looking forward to reading about your adventures. All the best to you.

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I just found your blog last night and read almost all of your posts. I find them very humorous and I enjoy your honesty. Keep them coming!

I'm 20 and still figuring out how I should go about becoming a PA. Maybe you can give me and other students some advice on that.

-p- said...

There is no one set way to become a PA. I recommend looking at 10 schools that are a good fit you - cost, location, size, typical class demos. Then work on the prerequisites that at least half in common. Some programs require organic chem or developmental psych for example. If only one of your top ten schools requires something like that, perhaps you should consider not pursuing that prerequisite. If healthcare experience is required, and I hope it is for goodness sake, look at becoming an MA or CNA or EMT to gain your healthcare experience. The goal for healthcare experience is not to have you become a proficient and independent clinician before you enter PA school. It is to expose you to basic patient care, dealing with patients and their families and to make sure you really want to do this medicine thing. It sounds cool, being a PA, but if you hadn't noticed through my writing, it aint all kittens and cotton candy and PA programs know this. They want to be sure you have a grasp on this and that you can handle the challenges associated with taking care of people. Shadow a PA several times if possible. Try different PAs in different practice types. While everyone has their dream practice scenario, other settings may be a good fit too - or you may find that what you thought PA-dom was is nowhere near the reality of it. More later.