Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A challenge around every corner


I have worked for a lot of companies and had many bosses.  A few were stellar, most mediocre, and a couple were just plain bad.  Without going into detail things are less than cozy between my boss and I.  Mostly along the lines of - I am the doctor and you are not - kind of crap. I like my job and my patients are, for the most part, great to work with.  It would be nice to get some training, but as it stands, I have had none since I started seeing patients.  No feedback on care or charts or anything.  

I know, this comes off as me complaining again.  Life is rough at times, I know this as well as anyone, believe me.  Maybe I don't write enough about about the highs.  Well, here goes.  My wife and I are working on things and it seems to be going better.  My son is awesome and at five is reading, riding his bike w/o training wheels and swimming, albeit at very much a beginner's pace.  He is a Star Wars fanatic and asks me constantly about the nuances of all the story lines and the scope of power of a Jedi versus the Hulk, for example.  He has a great imagination and loves to draw - much like me at that age.  I will follow his lead and return to art earnestly now that my schedule is under control.

Happy 4th!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say that I really enjoy your blog. I recently found it and have read all the posts. It's informative and refreshing to hear your point of view. I am applying to PA schools now and I am thankful that I have an insiders view. I am an African American female and appreciate your candor (hope that there number of African Americans has risen in your program). Please keep blogging.