Sunday, September 6, 2009

More on my first rotation

For my peds rotation I rotate through 3 different docs. It is good because I get to see different techniques and approaches and philosophies. So halfway through my third day the doc says "how about we start throwing in on cases/" to I say "sounds good." I saw a hand full that day and at the end of the day the doc was running late for a conference call with two patients left. He actually considered letting me handle them all on my own but thought better of it - as students we are not supposed to do the work of anyone or be used to extend productivity. I was flattered that thought enough of me to take that on but I know I don't know enough to do that just yet. Right now I commute one hour each way and wake up at 5:30 ang get home by 6:30 most days. Friday stunk because I got out at 4:30 and because of traffic didn't get home until two hours later. I have a free apartment provided to me which I may use once in a while. The wife is going out of town wednesday through friday so I will have get the boy to school extra early and pick him up extra late. The doc on Friday complemented me that I work really well with the kids and they respond well to me too. I thought that was cool. It seems that kids and dogs like me the most - perhaps they can tell just how much I have in common with them?

No comments: