Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pediatrics Rotation - my first rotation ever!

Today is the fourth day on my first rotation. I've been seeing patients by myself for the last two days. Naturally the docs will go in a follow-up after I give them my report. The place is really relaxed and collegial and they really want me to learn. Everyone is super nice and friendly - at least it seems that way to me. I am having fun seeing patients and learning the practical application of the past year of book knowledge. It is fun!

My back is slowly getting better an I am encouraged that stretching improves or alleviates my pain for a while. The more I stretch the better I feel, but I get tight very quickly. Many people have asked why I haven't gotten an MRI yet. My reasoning is as follows: The MRI will find something. That something may or may not be the cause of my pain. Other than PT, which I am doing on my own as much my schedule allows, I am not willing to consider any other treatment options (surgery) that might apply to the dubious finding on an MRI that is guaranteed to show something wrong with a 39 year old former football/hockey/martial arts participant who has had other minor infrequent back problems.

2 comments:

Gregory House, PA-C said...

And they say physician make the worst patients...

-p- said...

very good!